Friday, December 19, 2008

Eleventh Drifted Away?

Drift Away is recorded in a style with partial chords that could remind you of the Band America. I used a little knowledge of Rob and Sonya of how friends got them together, and weaved it together with a couple I watched at lunch at the Taco John's. I've written there alot. I have a ton of stuff I love that never got into this cd... oh well buy it alot and it will encourage me to finish.

Drift Away by Dave Schipper © 2006 Rose Riversongs


White roses and a glass of zin
Take me back to where we began
A small café with a deck outdoor
With so many laughs to explore

Don’t you find it easier to drift away?
Let your mind replay a perfect day.
Would the same words be in play?
Free yourself and just drift away


Friends behind the scene wrote the plot
A chance meeting we would think not
We Both remember when we first met
It took two years to get the date set


Today the café is Taco Johns
A quick lunch with our little ones.
A few words within wild foray
And maybe a dream to drift away

No comments:

Post a Comment