Friday, December 19, 2008

Sweet 17...Denim & Lace


Denim and Lace

Seems like everythings broke, including me
Ex-wife called for her alimony.
The price of gas just hit record highs
All you can do is stand a sigh


He can’t complain about his day ahead,
his mind is wanderin off to me instead.
Come Friday it’ll be just him and me
Good food, some beer and little TV.


Chorus
Escape from the rat race,
Take a left on Chase street,
They're serving denim and lace,
At Linda's place.
They're serving denim and lace,
At Linda's place.

Linda works at the diner all day
Servin’ those with too much to say
Then it’s hurry home and get the kids fed
do the wash, and off to bed.


I don’t complain ‘bout the routine stuff
There’s more of life to really love
My sites are set to dad’s weekend
and a little time with him to spend.


Chorus

Linda and I someday will tie the knot,
When the kids see just who I am not.
We’ve got a plan to keep this love alive
Pretty nice feeling when your 45.


Love after forty is not a bad thing
Don’t let them tell you that we can’t sing
Timing is something that you can’t control
But when you find the time just grab hold.




Authors note... just a little duet penned on the way to work... another live recording with Rose River. Paula sings the lady part and she sing "Don't let them tell you that YOU can't sing".... I was always meaning to ask her if that was deliberate. Now I truly think this song should be covered by some country singers when they get in their 40's... but do they ever age, they always seem so young? This one was really written in the car on the way to work, but Lori didn't have any editing on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment